Zappos does it differently. Clearly successful: are there lessons for government?
- Phone numbers everywhere: you want to interact with your customer
- Accept and deal with calls on anything (even pizza delivery)
- Suggest competitors if you can’t fulfil a requirement
- Don’t market: put the money into customer service
- Surprise upgrade repeat customers / reward loyalty
As government tries to minimise costs of contact, I wonder if there is any traction in being more flexible for citizens, rather than more automated?